"The future ain't what it used to be."

Something Greater Than Us?

Num7

Staff member
Timekeeper
Overseer
There has to be something greater than us, right? I’m all about common sense and science, but the theory of evolution feels way too convenient and unlikely to me.

We human beings, our big brains, and our civilization, all are the result of countless random mutations and events??? It's infinitely unlikely.

Then who created us? And why?

Also, this begs the question… Is there anything after this?

If there’s nothing greater than us… Isn’t life a little meaningless? What’s your take on it?

Y'know in all forms of Freemasonry everywhere across the world, there can be jurisdictional differences, but they all have one thing in common. Everyone single one requires belief in a higher intelligence, but what form that higher intelligence takes to a given person can be subjective. Thus, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, etc, are all potentially valid avenues to tap into that infinite intelligence.

The probability of such a perfect corner of the universe / multiverse is impossible, but it's not 0. On a grand enough scale, it's bound to happen at least once. There's still room for evolution as well, since humans are extra special (as if they weren't already special) in that the evolution progression is exponential, not linear. Humans evolve at a rate faster than any other known forms of life.

As far as life meaningless? I think there's two valid ways to look at it. Either:
-There are no miracles
-Everything is a miracle

As far as life meaningless? I think there's two valid ways to look at it. Either:
-There are no miracles
-Everything is a miracle
Or a little of both. I'm a grounded person, but I like to believe that everything is a miracle.

Back